Friday, August 10, 2007

I've Grown Accustomed To Their Knocks...

... their endless knocking on my door...
I've grown accustomed to my neighbor, who borrows this or that...
The milk, the salt, the eggs, the cat

It's second nature to me now...
Feeling annoyed and feeling bugged...
The rotten neighbor children tattle-ing, involved in countless spats...
Alas, I can't throw rocks at them, or smack them with my bat...

I've grown accustomed to the way they drive me freakin' nuts...
Accustomed... to their... knocks.

10 comments:

Tori :) said...

Oh dear. You don't live next to me, do you??

Anonymous said...

So what you're saying is that your neighbors have some big knockers?

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Crybaby...

Someone's knockin at the door. Somebody's ringing the bell. Do me a favor, open the door, and let them in.

Maybe they're here to take the bags of crap I disguised as candy bags.

Anonymous said...

Tori, I do. I'm your muumuu-wearing neighbor who's sick of your asking to borrow my cat. Exactly what are you doing to him, anyway? He always comes home and licks himself until I think he won't have any fur left.

CHM, they have ginormous knockers. Or at least it sounds that way. They must have large steel fists, the way they pound my door off its hinges.

CHM again, I'd love one of your big bags of crap. Crap melts in your mouth AND your hand.

Gina said...

True poetry... gotta love literature about big knockers!

Jean Knee said...

Is that a Shel Silverstein poeM??
Does he have a new book out?

Tofutti Kline said...

It's a hard knock life 4 U.

Tofutti Kline said...

Someone asks to borrow your cat?

Evil Kitty said...

Did the neighbor borrow Evil Kitty too? Evil Kitty needs to be returned home before Days of our Lives begins at Evil Kitty's house.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Maybe they're from a Steven King book....The Tommyknockers!